NKS were involved in the collection of data for a new report on Social Isolation and Loneliness, published by VHS Scotland today.
Some of the key findings from the key piece of research include:
- Loneliness and social isolation is a Public Health issue.
- Loneliness and social isolation is often triggered, exacerbated and maintained by the social and economic circumstances in which people live including the level or resources such as financial power, knowledge and social capacity that are available to them.
- Places and spaces are central to tackling loneliness and social isolation as well as activities that focus on a sense of community.
- Compassion across all services delivered to the public, regardless of the sector providing them are essential to ensuring people feel they are understood, respected and that they matter.
- There is a need for an enabling Government that recognises its role in delivering policies and strategies that tackle socio-economic inequalities within our society, give people their right to health and wellbeing and invest in those with the least power.
Full report here: The Zubairi Report