Action Learning Set #2
2 April @ 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
This is the second of four workshops.
Thank you for signing up to take part in the Action learning Set which I am delivering on behalf of Edinburgh Community Health Forum. The aims are to enable you to learn from each other, deepen your practice of problem solving skills by working with each other’s issues, and at the same time hopefully lessen the isolation that many can feel.
To prepare for the day could you bring a challenge that you are working with that you would like to work on with support from peers. Please note you don’t have to bring something.
- The kind of challenges you might bring could include:
- A current development that puts into focus the need to improve an aspect of the way the board works
- An issue that is affecting the connection to your local community
- An opportunity that is exciting but where to go with it?
- A project that is struggling in some way
- Juggling with competing priorities
- Stakeholder relationships
- Getting the most from volunteers
- Needing buy in and followership for an idea.
Overall the learning goes deeper and is more practical when the challenge you bring is current, unresolved, is important, involves you and requires action. It should be something you have already given quite a bit of thought to, but it isn’t easy to work out exactly how to proceed. During the afternoon, we will run an action learning set process enabling us to work on a selection of the challenges. So not everyone needs to bring something. For any questions, please get in touch: on 07786050893 or by email email@example.com