Community Planning, Participation Requests and Asset Transfers. Do you know the language of Community Empowerment? Our friends at CHEX have compiled a series of resources to help navigate the legislation.
The full workshop can be accessed here:
- A useful summary from the Scottish Government: https://www.gov.scot/publications/community-empowerment-scotland-act-summary/
- CHEX’s introduction to the Empowerment Act and other relevant legislation: http://www.communityscot.org.uk/resources/policy-developments/
- The actual legislation: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2015/6/contents/enacted
National Outcomes (Part 1)
- Scotland’s National Outcomes are contained in the National Performance Framework: https://nationalperformance.gov.scot/
Community Planning (part 2)
- The plain English guide may be a start for those who are unfamiliar with community planning
- This page on the Scottish Government website sums up the main provisions around community planning.
Participation requests (part 3)
- We’d recommend our ‘frequently asked questions’ page on Scottish Community Development Centre’s website.
- This video from Perth and Kinross Council is also quite good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWp9O_Maas
The community right to buy land and buildings (part 4)
- Information leaflets and other guidance on community right to buy are contained on this Scottish Government page
- The community land team at the Scottish Government are able to answer questions you may have on this: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/scottish-government-community-land-team-18547648019
- Community Land Scotland should also be able to help, and have an eight step guide: https://www.communitylandscotland.org.uk/
Asset Transfer (part 5)
- See more info here https://www.gov.scot/policies/community-empowerment/asset-transfer/
- A good free source of support for community groups on asset transfer and community ownership is Community Ownership Support Service (COSS).
Allotments (part 9)
- Local authorities have to produce community food growing strategies, you can find more detail on the presentation.